June 4, 2009

Mexican Bean and Corn Salad

I still get mail at my parents house: every piece of junk mail you can imagine and my mom collects these mailings in a bin she calls "Lisa's Mailbox." I normally would shred everything, but my mom must think it's funny to sneak in a recipe or two she thinks are good. So, I have to go through each piece of mail and pick out the recipes. My mom must find some entertainment in this because she keeps doing it regardless of how many times I ask her to please stop collecting the junk mailings. I don't need any more credit cards or a share in a retirement community, but I do want those recipes! Here's one from Lisa's Mailbox that I just love! I will make two, sometimes three, batches of it in one week and eat it for lunch all week long. Enjoy!

Mexican Bean and Corn Salad

1- 15oz can whole kernel corn
1- 15oz can red kidney beans
1- 15oz can pitted black olives
3 cups shredded lettuce
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons chili sauce
2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon chili powder
A few shakes of Tabasco or other hot sauce
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 cup shredded cheddar

Drain and rinse the kidney beans. In the same strainer as the beans, drain the corn and black olives. In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, chili sauce, cider vinegar, chili powder, and Tabasco. Stir in the green onions. Add in the lettuce, beans, corn, olives, and cheese until coated in the dressing. Add broken up tortilla chips, if desired. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment