June 4, 2009

Peanut Frosting on Chocolate Cupcakes


I workout at the gym across the street from where I work nearly everyday. Some days are tougher than others to hop across the street for a workout, and other days are just plain difficult to make it through the workout. The problem is the Food Network! That's what I watch when I workout and watching delicious food being prepared right before I have eaten lunch is really hard! Today was terrible! I tuned in when chocolate muffins with a peanut frosting were being made. AHHHH! Well, I gave in to temptation and made them tonight. I finished my workout even after the muffin recipe so I think I earned the right to eat a muffin... or two! I used a boxed cake mix tonight, but here's the recipe for the fantastic frosting.


Peanut Butter Frosting

1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup whipping cream
Chopped roasted and unsalted peanuts

In a bowl place the sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix on low-medium speed until mixed. Add the cream and mix on medium-high until thoroughly mixed. Spread on top of chocolate cupcakes. Top with chopped peanuts.



2 comments:

  1. TPIWWC

    (This
    Post
    Is
    Worthless
    Without
    Cupcakes)

    You should take cupcakes to the gym people, or coworkers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This frosting recipe was just GREAT!

    ReplyDelete