April 6, 2009

Perfect Steak Rub for Churrasco


This steak rub comes from a clipping my mother saved for me- lucky me! When I say "perfect steak rub" I mean "perfect steak rub." The secret ingredient here is the smoked Spanish Paprika, also called Pimenton. I found this spice at The Chopping Block in Lincoln Square, but if you find your store does not carry it you may substitute Sweet Paprika with similar results. I do recommend making a search for the smoked Spanish Paprika when you have time: it gives a fantastic smoky flavor to chicken, pork, and beef. Make a batch or two and store leftovers in a clean jar for later.





Perfect Steak Rub
2 tablespoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground coriander seed
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon smoked Spanish Paprika (Pimenton)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon black pepper

Whisk or stir all ingredients in a bowl. Rub each steak with a heaping teaspoon or two of the mix and let the steaks stand at room temperature for 30 minutes, or in the fridge overnight before cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment