April 22, 2009

Earth Friendly Kitchen Cleaning Tips

I have been using white distilled vinegar to clean our kitchen counter and coffee pot for a while now, but in honor of Earth Day I thought I would look up the actual protocol for using vinegar as a cleaning agent. How does it compare price-wise to other cleaners? Is it effective? Does it kill germs? What surfaces can it clean?

I'm happy to report that vinegar is an excellent cleaning agent! It cleans, disinfects, it is inexpensive ($2.99 for a 2-gallon jar at Costco) and Earth Friendly, non-toxic, and works for nearly every surface. I found this great website that explains how to use vinegar to clean every surface that comes to mind, except Granite and Marble: http://www.vinegartips.com/cleaning/

Now that's a budget friendly way of being green and clean! Or white and distilled...

Happy Earth Day!

P.S. Check out the new "green" colored template for today too!

1 comment:

  1. That's great - I'm inspired to not only clean, but be a mean grean cleaning machine!!!

    ReplyDelete