May 21, 2009

A New Obsession

I love to make as much from scratch as possible. Yes, it tastes better than anything over-processed and treated you can get at the store, but mostly because it's fun and I love to be able to say, "I made my own ice cream, vanilla and mint extract, beer, taco shells, caramel..." Heather, my fabulously supportive Sister-in-Law, commented on my recent mozzarella with oregano post saying, "I thought you had made your own fresh mozzarella!" I would like to say I stopped to think about that comment for a while, but no, I just moved straight ahead to making fresh mozzarella- at least in my head. Which lead me to actually buying what is necessary to turn milk into creamy and dreamy fresh mozzarella and yummy yogurt. I found a great site that sells what you need to make everything from "beer to bubble gum and wine to cheese." After some quick comparison shopping, I found this is the least expensive place too! Shipping costs are another story...

Check out the site here:
leeners.com

If you have a health food store near you, try them out for cheese making ingredients. Most of the health foods stores I've visited are willing to order what you want if they don't carry it so don't be afraid to ask.

Anyway, depending on when my goods arrive, I should have a batch of fresh mozzarella and yogurt to blog about soon. I can't wait! YEA!

2 comments: